Friday, May 6, 2011

Turns out... I'm not very good at this! New goal:Try harder! ;)

So, already I haven't been a regular blogger. It's hard to catch the hang of new things... My sister already gave me a hard time about it! So, I will work harder at it. :) Life is just so busy, that when I get the chance to relax... I just want to relax! But, at the same time I find myself  "relaxed" while blogging. I sound like a mess. HA!

ANYWAYS, life is busy as always. Had my 29th Birthday. The older you get, the more Birthdays seem like just another day. Which I'm completely okay with. :) I've never been a big fan of Birthdays. I don't know why, but I've never anxiously waited for the day, like a lot of people I know, plan a big party, etc. I don't have an answer on why, but it's just how I am. I did feel a little extra special though. Getting together with 2 of my best friends, Heather & Caleb the night of my Birthday. Went out for Sushi, which is one of my favorite things to eat. Each of them gave me gifts that I loved, and I always enjoy their company. Brian, and my boys did the grocery shopping for me (which is HUGE. I HATE grocery shopping.) When they came home, my kids ran in turning all the lights out, big exciting grins on their faces. Then my husband walked in with a cake, all lit with candles. They sang to me, and it was about as cute gets. My kids get so excited to do stuff like that. Justin can barely compose himself, when he's part of surprises. He LOVES them. :) They gave me sweet cards, that had cherished words written with love. I'm so in love with my little family. <3
Couple days later, my in laws took us out for my Birthday. Went to dinner, and back to their place to hang out. Where they had a cake for me as well! They gave me a sweet card, and money. Who doesn't love money for a gift, right? They're the best, and I always enjoy our time with them. I'm thankful to have such great in laws!
THEN, the following night we celebrated at my parents house! That is where my 3rd, and final cake of this years Birthday took place. ;) 3 cakes!! A 4 day, drawn out, lots of food, lots of cake, celebration. :) Kinda funny to have for a person that doesn't care about celebrating them. Ha! Maybe, I'm too stubborn, and people are trying to show me to just CELEBRATE my birth. OKAY, you win people!! ;)
I'm so grateful for all the family in friends in my life. They sure know how to make a girl feel special, and loved. What more could I ask for?

My "baby" Kyle is turning 8 in a week!!! So, sad.. Where does the time go? I can't believe he's going to be that old. He's so excited, even more excited about getting to finally go to scouts like the big boys, and be baptized.
We planned his baptism for May 28th, because that's when the Stake Baptism day is. Anyways, although I'm sad my baby is going to officially be a "big boy," I'm excited for his excitement, and for him to become a member of our church. Hopefully, one day... We can have a baby, so I don't feel so old. :) Oh, the heartache!


With the death of Bin Laden, it sure has brought a lot more craziness to the world. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they finally caught him, and justice is being served. I know the Lord is judging him right!!
It's quite the controversial subject, that's for sure. Like a lot of people, it leaves me with a unsettled feeling. The unknown feeling that he possibly is still alive. However, whether he's dead or alive, I don't think our Country will get any better. I can't help but think, and believe, it's only going to get worse from here. I suppose it is all part of the plan. Makes me feel that the end of the world isn't too far off. Something I'm not afraid of happening! I look forward to living in "world peace!!" I'm grateful for my belief, and faith, in knowing there is a plan out there for us, and that we will return to our Heavenly Father again when it's the right time. 


Well, I guess that about sums up what's kinda on my mind right now. Other than the main thing, SAN DIEGO!! Can it just be May 30th already!!! Ahhhh. The anticipation is killing me! :) I can't wait to have our first real family vacation! I have it all planned out, and we will be kept plenty busy for the 4 days we are there. So exciting!
Anyways, it's Friday.... Here I sit blogging. Ha. Guess this is my down time! But, to be honest, this blog took me 3 DAYS to write!!! 3 days! Man, I gotta get better at this! :P Hey, at least I finished what I started. ;)
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment